February 20, 2009

Reason, Season and Lifetime

Reason, Season and Lifetime
..
People always come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.
When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.
..
When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty,
or to provide you with guidance and support,
to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend to you, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
...
Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
...
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they just walk away.
Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.
...
When people come into your life for a SEASON,
it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.
They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.
And like Spring turns to Summer and Summer to Fall,
the season eventually ends.
...
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway);
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas in your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
Thank you for being part of my life.
...
This is a poem that I always keep in the back of my mind. I seem to always refer to this poem to reflect on my past friendships/relationships with people. And today I felt the need to blog about it and reflect and contemplate on what I could have done differently to possibly make those "reason", "season" friends into Lifetime friends.
I'm not into the notion of knowing a huge amount of people and expect to call them all my friends. Cause let's be realistic, they're not. I'll admit, I do know an amount of people but there are only a number of them that I can really call my true friends. They are the people that in my darkest days are trying to lift me up and make things seem brighter. They are the ones that will try to understand me and where I am coming from and will not hold a grudge against me. They are the people that I unwillingly am able to confide in with all my deepest of secrets.
Several months ago, I don't even know how to describe exactly what happened because I'm not even sure to this day what happened. But in any case, a person whom years ago I thought would be a part of my life for a lifetime became upset with me and my decisions. And to this day, half a year later...we're still not even speaking to one another. It is such a shame how things ended and how there are people in both of our lives that I guess you would say is caught between us. In all honesty, I really don't think I did anything wrong or made the wrong decision. But obviously you felt that I did to cause you to make the decisions that you made following our talk. I'm sorry you even felt that way to act the way you did to me. I never would have expected that behaviour from you. And it really hurt me but what can I do now. What's done is done. Maybe if I made myself more clear you would have understood my stance. But I think you were thinking more of yourself than you were of anyone else. I will admit, I was bitter towards you during those times, but bitterness will not get me anywhere so I decided to accept things and move on. I have no regrets for the friendship we had and I'm really glad to have known a person like you. All I can do is wish you well and nothing but happiness for your future. And to my friends caught between us, I'm really sorry that things are this way. I hope you guys will understand...and perhaps down the road, things will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment