February 19, 2009

The other day I forgot my Blackberry @ home because I was rushing to get to work. And can I tell you, I debated the entire drive to work, whether or not to turn the car around and get it. I opted not to go back because I was already running behind schedule and just headed to work. Can I tell you, I felt so lost without my phone. I kept saying to myself "No biggie Richelle, it's just one day. It'll be fine."

I can't believe how dependent I am to my phone. And to think, I use to be ok without my regular cell phone when I use to forget it. But now that I have a Blackberry, it's like I'm so disconnected from the world. I don't have access to my emails, my phonebook (I hardly memorize people's numbers), MSN messenger or even get updates from Facebook.

How much things have changed over the years. It use to be that without a cell phone or internet, I would have long meaningful conversations with my friends after school. And then pagers slowly crept up into the scene. Remember getting "paged" messages from your friends using the numbers to write out the words (i.e. 121643773=Richelle, 177855179=wassup, 99=night night etc). Then came the cell phones...those super huges ones that I swear are way more sturdy than the current ones. Then the cell phones had texting....and then internet...and then video calling. Long conversations have now been replaced by short and frequent texting, or emailing or chatting online on our phones.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment