May 7, 2009

wonderful day

Today was day 2 of 3 days off from work. But it wasn't really a day off because I was in class for one of the courses for my Event Management Certificate program! Just 4 more courses, 100 hours of practicum and 1 portfolio and I will be CERTIFIED! How exciting!

Class was ok....a bit mundane....the facilitator allowed alot of dragging on comments and stories that we had to end a chapter short! Overall, it wasn't too bad...I'd much rather do it in class than online because I figured it allows the opportunity to network and hear real life experiences for people.

After the class, I had planned to meet up with Lexsie. I haven't met up with her since she's moved here. What an understanding person! I thought that maybe after all this time, it would be weird or awkward and maybe it was at first...but after some time...it was like we've been friends forever. I made her walk all the way from Eaton Centre to Bay & Bloor to go and eat at Green Mango. Anytime that I'm down there, I always crave it! And we sat and ate and talked and got all caught up. Then after dinner, we made our way to sit down at the Second Cup to enjoy some after dinner coffee and continue our conversation. She's such a wonderful person and it was so nice and refreshing to sit down and converse with someone you haven't seen for so long. Totally gives you another perspective on things and motivates you to be a better person.

She moved to Toronto from Winnipeg and she's doing great for herself. I'm so happy and proud of her for having that courage to leave a place that had security and comfort everywhere, and try to make it in a big city like Toronto. Can you imagine how daunting and intimidating that would be like?

I really needed tonight...I needed to be able to talk to someone. Lately, I feel like I have no one to turn to. I might not have talked too much, but to be asked how I was doing...it was nice.

I'm trying my best to keep the important people in my life....close to me. And although I understand with the busy life that people have and the other priorities people have in their life...it's just always a nice feeling to be reciprocated with the same kind of appreciation for friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment